Friday, May 20, 2011

Sleeping Lion Cub WIP - 01 Silent Aution Piece


Hi All,

I thought I would post the piece I am creating for the Colored Pencil Society of America Silent Auction. 

This piece is done on white Pastelboard and is 6" x 12" and done with 100% colored pencils.



Here is the first update of the little lion.  If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to speak up.


So far I'm using some new pencils by Jerry's Artarama called SOHO and prismacolor.

If you are wondering at what stage the Ostrich is at.... I had to put that one on the back burner in order to get this piece done in time for the Silent Auction.  This piece has to be done within a month, I will be posting more updates as I progress.

Keep Scribbling, Gemma

6 comments:

  1. The work you have done so far looks so soft!

    Would you liken the SoHo pencils to Prismacolor pencils or Derwent pencils (or another brand)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are manufactured by Cretacolor for Jerry's Artarama and they do remind me of the Cretacolor pencils. They are dryer, also similar to Derwents Studio pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is stunning! I haven't tried to do animals yet, but I'd love to - do you take your own photos or use reference photos? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Susie!!! I do take my own photos, I took the photo of this little guy while on a Photo Safari in South Africa. Once in a while I will do a piece from a photo a friend took but typically I take my own photos.

    ReplyDelete