Saturday, July 11, 2015

Endangered Reflections, Work in Progress 4

Hello All,

Here's another update to my "Endangered Reflections" piece.

This leopard is an Amur Leopard, which is critically endangered.  There are approximately only 60 left in the wild.  I took the reference photo of this beautiful animal while at a sanctuary in Montana.  He is an incredible animal, it's to bad there are so few left in the wild.

This image of my progress is just a small part of the total piece.  I'm really looking forward to starting on the reflections and the log he's standing on.  I'll start all of that ass soon as I have the leopard done.  I have the background done already I tend to always do the background first, if I don't I at least have it completely planned a head.  Although it may look like the part I have already finished looks like it's done I will continue to tweak it as I go, I find that's necessary as I complete the surrounding areas.

Title:  Endangered Reflections
Size:  22" x 12"
Medium:  Colored Pencil
Surface:  Suede Mat Board
Reference Photo: My photo, take while in Montana.

If you should have any questions or comments don't hesitate to speak up.  Don't forget to Keep Scribbling!!
Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment